Monday, November 16, 2009

Gargoyles


On Saturday Annabelle & I went on a walking tour in Lyon. It was to see the gargoyles that are on the various buildings around Lyon. They were mostly on and inside the 3 main churches. It was very interesting. I learned more about the history of Lyon. I didn't know that the gargoyles were used as gutters and thier life span is only about 150- 200 years. Most of the ones now are purely used as decoration and have no legit purpose. It was still neat to see them. The ones inside of the Cahedral St. Jean were really neat. I don't know how long it took someone to find them & the stories that went along with them were really cool too. It's really amazing how old this place is.

Sunday I went to Annabelle's family's house for dinner. They are so nice. I guess after Annabelle told them that I was moving in with her they were curious about me. She told them about all of the problems I've had since I 've been here - but I am sure that they were still concerned. I would have been too. Well they were great. We had a wonderful meal. I had pumpkin gratin for the first time & it was really good. Her mom is a great cook. Then we went to see 2012. It was in French & I didn't understand most of the dialogue but I got what was happening. I just didn't know why. So after the movie she filled me in. It was a great day but it made me miss my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment